Win95 Antiviral Software

I am lookin at three programs: Norton Antivirus, IBM Antivirus, and McAffee
Virusscan. They seem to be more or less equal in their abilities to detect
and clean, but there are some differences, not all of which I understand.
For one, Norton claims to have the only true 32-bit program, this is hard to
believe, but, if true, would seem to be a large desideratum. IBM is evidently
capable of detecting and cleaning "recursive archives", where the other two
cannot. Any idea what those are, and how much of a selling point this is?
Also, the scuttlebutt I've received is that IBM is the farthest along in
creating "true" artificially intelligent software, for this application; that
would seem to imply that its antivirus would be the best, either now, or in
the not distant future, at detecting and cleaning unknown/new viruses, no? As
far as Virusscan, it seems to be the fastest and is the easiest, I believe to
keep current.
Any advice that anyone wants to offer on these questions shall be much
appreciated. I realize that this is a bit off the straight and narrow HP
track, but I hope that the issue is one of general interest.

Chris Alston