Re: Job Availability or Lack Thereof

To All,

Steven makes a good point regarding the cost of ads.  But I
believe his cost estimate is a bit short, it seems to me that
the last time we advertised a position in the newsletter it was
over $400 for a two month entry.

However, that is not the main problem with the newsletter
approach!  The main problem is the LONG lead time of 30-60 days
to get an appearance.  These days, that is TOO LONG a stretch of
time when you need a position filled (otherwise, did you really
need it anyway...).

Considering the financial status of the HPS, it is vital for
the newsletter to be as self-supporting as possible.  Hence,
reductions in fees are somewhat unlikely (of course, if no one
posts a position, the income is "zero"!).

S.,

MikeG.

At 02:16 PM 8/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>     What do you think? If enough members ask for it, maybe the jobs
>     available ads can be free again. I think this would greatly increase
>     the number of them in the newsletter.
>
>     Steven D. Rima, CHP
>     sdrima@sandia.gov

Michael P. Grissom