UPF specifications

Recently I was talking to an English resident who is interested in having
some material tested for its ultraviolet protection factor with a view to
marketing a range of UV protective beachwear. Consequently, I have the
following questions:

1) Is there a European standard which specifies how to test the ultraviolet
protection factor of a material?

2) Is there a good place in Europe to have the tests performed?

3) Does the salt content of water affect the UV transmission of saturated
material?

The inquirer has already been in contact with the NRPB in the UK.

Best regards,

Tim Finney

finney@central.murdoch.edu.au
Murdoch University