CIRMS - meeting announcement

The Council on Ionizing Radiation Measurements
will meet 12-14 Nov 1996 at NIST. CIRMS serves
as a forum for discussing rad. measurements and
standards issues.  Contact lori.phillips@nist.gov
for more info.

For technical info - bert.coursey@nist.gov
Note: Dr. Coursey is the division chief for the
groups that do all the ionizing radiation calibration
services.  A good address to remember.

***** commentary ********
I had several people corner me at the HPS meeting
with questions about NIST calibration services. I
have to plead that I am just part of the HP group
and cannot speak for the standards portion of NIST.
If you wish to influence the continued availability
of NIST standards/calibration services or future
trends in this area this is the meeting where your
voice can be heard.

Like all other government
agencies budgets are being cut and staffs reduced.
To the best of my knowledge they have not eliminated
any specific calibration services, but obviously with
less people fewer will be done. IMHO the squeeky wheel
principle is in full force.  Those industries that
sqeek the lowdest will have continued support.

A little risk adds spice to life.
slaback@MICF.NIST.gov