radon and progeny in propane or lpg tanks

I have recently received a request for information regarding the
radiation levels around propane trucks.  I explained to the
individual that more than likely the inside of the tanks on the
trucks were contaminated with the radioactive progeny of radon-222.
I also told him that I would attempt to locate any literature
regarding the phenomenon.  I am given to understand that the American
Petroleum Institute (API) has done quite a few studies of norm in the
oil field and related industries.  Are there some publications about
this specific type of occurance?

If you think your response will be beneficial to all, please post it
on radsafe, otherwise contact me at the email address below.

thanks in advance.

               Russ Meyer
               Internet: cmeyer@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us
               tel: 512/834-6688