RE: EPA's authority in setting decommissioning standards

The DOD, DOE, EPA, and NRC have put together a draft document, MARSSIM
(Multi-Agency  Radiological Survey and Site Investigation Manual).  The
MARRSIM's objective is to describe standardized and consistent approaches
for surveys where all conditions of the regulatory agencies are satisfied.
The ultimate goal is that the four agencies adopt this document, including
release criteria!

These are my opinions and not those of my employer, blah, blah, blah...

Matthew Williamson
USDOE
Environmental Measurements Lab
201 Varick Street
New York, NY  10014-4811

tel:   212-620-3793
fax:  212-620-3600
email:  mattw@eml.doe.gov

"I'm just burning doin' the neutron dance..."  The Pointer Sisters