RE: NRC Proposal

Alex:

I think you are referring to NRC's proposed 10 millirems TEDE per year
CONSTRAINT rule due to air emissions at non-nuclear power plant licensees.
 This is all related to EPA's proposal to rescind their NESHAPs rule.  This
transition from EPA to NRC is under "progress" at this time, and I have no
idea how long it is going to take for these two agencies to issue the final
rule.

Refer to Federal Register, Vol. 60, No.239, Page 63984, dated 12-13-95 for
details on
NRC's proposed " Constraint Level" rule, and Fed. Reg., Vol 60, No.188,
Page 50161, dated
9-28-95 for EPA's proposal to rescind this rule from their jurisdiction.

NRC has proposed to tie the constraint level to the ALARA level, and if a
licensee exceeded
the 10 mr/yr level, it would have to be reported to NRC.

Good Luck

Ashok Dhar
Mallinckrodt Group
AKDHAR@MKG.COM