Re: Request for help in identifying found sealed source

At 05:42 PM 8/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Rita Aldrich (phone 518 457-1202) of the Radiological Health Unit with
>the State of NY has requested assistance in tracing ownership of a
>sealed source discovered in trash.
>
>Manufacturer:  Gulf Nuclear or Gamma Industries
>Manufacture date: 1981
>Nuclide:  Cs-137
>Activity at manufacture: 100 mCi
>Model # VL-1
>Serial #: 669
>Dimensions: 14 mm X 7 mm (cylinder)
>
>The source was not in a holder when found, but is thought to be from an
>industrial gauge.
>
>Rita Aldrich has photos & would appreciate calls (I don't believe she's
>a RadSafe subscriber) from anyone who might be able to assist as they
>attempt to trace ownership.
>
>Regards,
>Elsa Nimmo
>Measurex Corp.
>nimmo_elsa@measurex.com

Elsa,  I don't know how much this may help but I believe Amersham
bought out Gamma Industries years ago. By contacting them you should
be able to get your information needed.  I found a number you can try:
708-323-6695 or 504-751-5893. Good luck.

	Keith Varnado, CHP
	kvarnado@premier1.premier.net