From: radsafe
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Request for help in identifying found sealed source
Date: Monday, August 12, 1996 5:41PM

Rita Aldrich (phone 518 457-1202) of the Radiological Health Unit with
the State of NY has requested assistance in tracing ownership of a
sealed source discovered in trash.

Manufacturer:  Gulf Nuclear or Gamma Industries
Manufacture date: 1981
Nuclide:  Cs-137
Activity at manufacture: 100 mCi
Model # VL-1
Serial #: 669
Dimensions: 14 mm X 7 mm (cylinder)

The source was not in a holder when found, but is thought to be from an
industrial gauge.

Rita Aldrich has photos & would appreciate calls (I don't believe she's
a RadSafe subscriber) from anyone who might be able to assist as they
attempt to trace ownership.

Regards,
Elsa Nimmo
Measurex Corp.