re: Western Power Outage Thread

At 10:42 AM 8/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>     This tread started out with the question of whether the availability
>     of nuclear power in the western states had anything to do with the
>     recent power outage suffered by the area.  It lead to replies about
>     the characteristics of gas and coal fired plants and now we're talking
>     about retail wheeling and deregulation of the utilities.
>
>     IMHO, all of this has nothing to do with radiation safety or
>     protection which is what this forum is about.  Please kill this thread
>     or take it someplace else.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Mike Vala
>     mvala@usccmail.bms.com

Well, everybody has an opinion, and most of them...
In MY humble opinion, the availability of power from nuclear generators in
DIRECTLY and INTRICATELY tied to the field of health physics in this
country, and should be discussed AT LENGTH, both inside and outside of this
forum.                 ron
          Ron Morgan <rgmorgan@lanl.gov>
          Operational Health Physics (ESH-1)
          Los Alamos National Laboratory