Re: beta reference....

Date:          Tue, 20 Aug 96 06:18:20 -0500
From:          BrownDR@micf.nist.gov
To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject:       beta reference....

Does anyone know of a good beta energy reference which lists betas by energy and subsequently the
identifying nuclide..?......Like the ones typically used for identifying unknown gammas.  Either
printed or electronic media is fine.

Dave Brown, chp
NIST Reactor Health Physics
Gaithersburg, MD
browndr@micf.nist.gov
301-975-5810
...The above statements are my own and have not been reviewed or endorsed by my employer....

The question has been answered by others quite well, however, if
this is part of an attempt to identify an unknown beta emitting
radionuclide, and half life is long, then you might want to also
consider using a Feather's analysis to estimate the Emax for the
comparison with the listings of radionuclides.  This plus a little
information regarding the source of the radionuclide could do the
trick.  Happy hunting!

               Russ Meyer
               Internet: cmeyer@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us
               tel: 512/834-6688