Subject: Re:  radionuclide decay data
Author:  James S Jr Dukelow at ~PNL5
Date:    8/20/96 11:26 AM

On Tue, 20 Aug 96 07:07:47 +0000
Dave Brown < BrownDR@micf.nist.gov > wrote:

> Subject: beta reference....

> Does anyone know of a good beta energy reference which lists betas by
> energy and subsequently the identifying nuclide..?......Like the ones
> typically used for identifying unknown gammas.  Either printed or
> electronic media is fine.

> Dave Brown, chp
> NIST Reactor Health Physics
> Gaithersburg, MD
> browndr@micf.nist.gov
> 301-975-5810

The program RADDECAY 4.02 is available from RSIC and also widely
available on Internet and bulletin board and CD-ROM sources of IBM-PC
freeware and shareware.

Quoting from the RSIC Data Library DLC-134 Abstract:

"RADDECAY 4.02 is an interactive program for the IBM-PC, or compatible,
for retrieving and displaying decay information for 497 radionuclides.
Data provided include half life, radioactive daughter nuclides,
probabilities per decay, and decay product energies for alpha particles,
beta rays, positrons, electrons, x-rays, and gamma rays. ... The
radioactive decay data in the labrary were published in DOE/TIC-11026 ...
and made available as DLC-80/DRALIST in the MEDLIST format."

In my own experience, the data in RADDECAY is more detailed and easier to
access that most other sources for such information that I am aware of.
However, the user interface is pretty clunky and the actual data is
encoded in such a way as to not be available for manipulation by the
standard Unix-based data processing and report generation tools.

The RSIC abstract is available from

        http://epicws.epm.ornl.gov/codes/dlc/dlc1/dlc-134.html

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow