RE: non-ionizing radiation: u-Wave Ovens

We at the University of CA, Irvine (campus, not hospital) stopped checking
our microwave ovens some years ago.  Reason: never found one to be leaking
after makers stopped using cheap (bendable) wave guides as the only source
of u-Wave sealing.  Instead, we have asked all users of ovens to check their
machines for bent doors, worn or damaged rubber seals, and/or dirt and caked
on muck and to clean/repair as needed.  If any user is concerned, s/he can
call the EH&S office and we will perform a full survey.  Few take us up on
this offer.
William G. Nabor
University of California, Irvine
EH&S Office