Re: cpm conversion to mrem/hr

At 13:49 28.08.1996 -0500, you wrote:
>I was looking through some x-ray diffraction reports and ran across
>some conversion figure converting cpm from a GM to mR/hr or mrem/hr.  I
>can't remember where I saw it.  Anyone no what it is?
>
>David Harrison
>DHARRISON@DOE.LANL.GOV

I cannot believe that you saw anything like this, because the conversion is
dependent on your GM, on the energy of the radiation and probably a couple
of other conditions. In fact calibration would have to be done individually.

Is this the expertise which DOE employees have?

Anybody who wants to accuse me of the typical European arrogancy is
requested to refrain from it. I had so many positive responses on my
sometimes sarcastic comments to my private e-mail that I do not care for the
one or two who do not like it.

Instead I would recommend that you Americans would do something to rise the
average scientific level of your health physics people. I know that you have
a large number of excellent experts, which are among the best in the world
and I am honoured to know some of these personally. But this is not enough
for everyday life.

Franz Schoenhofer
Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7