personal attacks... again

I would like to remind everyone that we are supposed to be a forum of
professionals here.  As much as we would all like to air our personal opinions,
indignation, flamage, nationalism, etc. in public, it is grossly
counterproductive to maintaining an intelligent discussion.

This is a forum for discussion of radiation protection issues, and as such,
people should be able to post relevant questions to RADSAFE without fear of
ridicule.  I don't believe that any of us knows everything there is to know in
the field of health physics as there are so many subspecialities within the
field.  Therefore, RADSAFE should be a place where a professional with a
particular specialty can consult with professionals who have different
specialities in order to broaden his/her knowledge of the field.

Finally, I would like to suggest that people take several deep breaths and count
to a very high number before posting to RADSAFE.  As much as I'm sure we all
appreciate apologies for posting of obviously off-topic and/or inflammatory
material, there really is no excuse for cluttering the e-mail queues of more
than 1500 RADSAFE subscribers with such messages.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Melissa Woo
RADSAFE List-owner/manager

--
 Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                       | m-woo@uiuc.edu
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign          | office 1.217.244.7233