Request for Historical Info

CAn anybody tell me the Title of NBS Handbook 59?  It is referenced
in a College of American Pathologists [CAP] checklist as a radiation
safety reference.  Actually they call it NIST Handbook 59 but I am
assuming NBS is what they mean.  [For non US participants the National
Bureau of Standards (NBS) was renamed the National Institute of Stan-
dards and Technology (NIST) 5 or 10 years ago]

This brings up another question.  Am I right in assuming that the
practice of publishing NCRP Reports as NBS handbooks was stopped
a good while ago, like the mid 60s?  I would be interested in a
little historical background.

Please respond to me directly by sending a new message to me
@ vernig.peter@forum.va.gov unless you're sure your email system
will not also send to the whole Radsafe Group in a R-eply or A-nswer.

Thanks
Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver, CO USA