Re: contaminants in breast milk

Steve -

I've been trying to get to you, but in all of my files, I don't have your
phone number.  We need to address the issue of radiocontaminants in the
breast milk excretion section of the NUREG.  Give me a call or an e-mail at
ORAU and we can discuss some possible approaches.  It's not straightforward.
The levels of contaminants vary, and the criterion of 100 mrem EDE will not
work for the I-125 in I-123, as the thyroid doses appear to be rather high
(nowhere near nonstochastic effect levels, but high enough that use of an
EDE does not make sense).  Anyway, call me (423-576-3449) or e-mail me
(stabinm@orau.gov).  What is the status of the NUREG, BTW?

Thanks

Mike Stabin
Oak Ridge