Comments on Nuclear Energy

G'day Radsafers

This message is directed to people in the Nuke Power Industry.

I am interested in your comments on the following related to nuclear power. In
particular, comments with SUBSTANCE which rebutt the assertions made.

1. No satisfactory method has been found to halt nuclear proliferation or
prevent diversion of nuclear material by subversive or terrorist elements.

2. The costs and problems associated with decommissioning nuclear power plants
have not been properly analysed or accounted for in the costs of nuclear power
and governments are using taxpayers' money to subsidise nuclear power.

3. No satisfactory method has been found to guarantee safe operation of nuclear
power plants in the event of employee negligence or sabotage.

I have my own ideas however I would like a broader perspective.

Thanks

Alex Zapantis
Environmental Radiation Officer
Office of the Supervising Scientist       Email: azapantis@dest.gov.au
40 Blackall Street                                 Phone: (int+) 61 6 274 1642
Barton ACT 2600 AUSTRALIA                 Fax : (int+) 61 6 274 1519

The Office of the Supervising Scientist is a Branch of the
         Federal Environment	Protection Agency