Re: Background radiationlevel in USA

The latest and greatest info I have on background radiation comes from the
U.S. Regulatory Guide 8.29, Instruction Concerning Risks From Occupational
Radiation Exposure.  Table 3* has listed for "Average Annual Effective Dose
Equivalent to Individuals in US" (mrem):
Natural:
  Radon-200
  Other-100
Nuclear Fuel Cycle-0.05
Consumer Products-9
Medical
  Diagnostic-39
  NucMed-14
TOTAL-  about 360
*Information adopted from Table 8.1, NCRP 93