Re: CellPhones

> Rick;
> The answer to your question is no.

I disagree.  There is good information supporting interference with
cardiac pacemakers by some types of cell phones (see abstract
below).  Whether this would apply to other types of implanted
medical devices is unclear.  Since the interference requires very
close promimity, I would not expect interference with devices such as CTs.

The 1996 DRAFT COMAR POSITION PAPER ON  RF Interference (RFI) of
Medical Devices by Howard I. Bassen, provides fuirther support for
the concern (unfortunately, this is still in draft form so I don't want
to quote it directly).