Re: Respirator Air Compressors

At 08:34 AM 9/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>There are several different requirements for the time between testing
>compressed air supplied to respirators.  Testing is done to verify that the
>air is pure and uncontaminated with hazardous materials.  OSHA requires
>testing every six months.  The DOE Radiological Control Manual requires
>testing every three months. .......

OSHA is the bottom line, you should also look at the Compressed Gas
Association Pamplets (G-7, G-7.1), Nureg 0041, and ANSI Z88.2.  If your
facility has committed to the Radcon manual through your RPP or contract, as
I understand it, you have to get approval from DOE for  a variance - I don't
know the details, but I would 'CYA' by getting concurrence.
Keith Welch
Newport News VA
welch@cebaf.gov