Re: calculation of dose to biota

ej_antonio@ccmail.pnl.gov wrote:

>      RADSAFERs:
>      Let me pose the same question in a slightly different way:
>
>      If the U.S. Department of Energy just so happened to pass a rule,
>      let's say it would be called 10 CFR 834, and in that rule there
>

>      Ernest Antonio
>      Research Scientist
>      Pacific Northwest National Lab
I think this whole thread needs rethinking (opinion).  All of the
methods for calculating effective dose are aimed at humans.  Until the
ICRP/NCRP/or some other authoritative body (if any) recommends how one
calculates internal doses to plants and animals other than humans, it
seems to me to be a waste of time to pursue this question.  Or am I all
wet?