Re: F-18 production

I suggest that you contact Dr.Gunter Firnau at McMaster University. He
can be reached by phone at (905) 521-2100, extension 5671. His FAX number
is (905) 546-1125.

He has had extensive experience at producing F-18 by irradiating lithium
carbonate and developed techniques for minimizing self-absorbtion. He has
also produced F-18 at a FN accelerator and currently uses an RDS
cyclotron. He is also a great radiochemist, and if you contemplate
syntheses, he is worth talking to.

Good luck
John

John Harvey                            | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist                | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226               | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca         | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1