Electronic Dosimetry Operability Checks

We are implementing an electronic dosimetry and access control system
and have some questions about operability checks.  Some of the
systems have button sources to check that the dosimeter is detecting
radiation, but they don't check that the audible alarm is working.  Given
the importance of the alarm it seems prudent to check this function.

Of those that are routinely using EDs for monitoring workers, do you
check on a daily or per entry basis if the alarm is functioning.

I'll summarize the answers and post the results back to RADSAFE.
Thanks,

Jamie Mallon
Millennium Services Inc.
207-882-5643