Radiation Litigation Symposium October 21, 1996 at West Point, NY

Attached is the meeting announcement for the Symposium Presented by
the Greater NY Chapter of the Health Physics Society
On Radiation Litigation
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, October 21, 1996 8:00-4:00

Hotel Thayer, United States Military Academy at West Point,  N.Y.

Dear Colleagues:

I enthusiastically invite you to take part in our Fall Symposium.  We have
the renowned attorney, Mr. David Wiedis from the firm Jose and Wiedis,
who will present to us the many parts of a radiation litigation case and
will explain how this involves and affects the profession of Health
Physics.  Having seen his presentation once before, I strongly urge all
health physics professionals to attend.   Mr. John Kelly, Chairman of the
Professional Standards and Ethics Committee, will discuss the evolving
ethics code for the American Academy of Health Physics.  This ethics
code will affect CHPs testifying as expert witnesses.  I expect a very
interesting day of discussion.

Once again, we are able to hold the symposium at the Hotel Thayer at the
U.S. Military Academy in West Point.  The hotel and surrounding areas
offer an ideal setting, perfect for our Fall Symposium Series.

I look forward to seeing you all there. Thank you for your continued
interest and support.

Sincerely,
James Barry
President Elect, GNYCHPS

Agenda

8:00 - 8:30 	Registration/Coffee

8:45	Radiation Litigation
	David Wiedis, Esq.
	Jose & Wiedis

12:00-1:15	Buffet Lunch & Vendor Booths

1:15	Ethics of a Health Physicist
	John Kelly, CHP
	Chairman, Professional Standards and Ethics Committee, AAHP

2:15	Implications of the Recent TMI Litigation Decision
	Speaker to Be Announced
3:00	Coffee Break &
	Vendor Booths

3:30	Open Discussion

4:00	Adjournment
Fees:
Symposium, buffet luncheon and two coffee breaks.
If Pre-Registered by Phone	 $65.00
Registration at Door	 	 $75.00
Student Registration	  	 $20.00
to Pre-Register Please Call or email
Larry Dauer at (914) 736-8413 or idauerl@ip3gate.usa.com

Application has been made for ABHP Continuing Education Credits.

Directions to the Hotel Thayer, (914) 446-4731