Re: A Comment re: "Senior" HP Personnel

Ron Kathren wrote:

>And, I suspect that the age distribution of
>those attending the HPS meeting differs significantly from those in the
>profession as a whole and thus is not a valid basis for your conclusion.

This is a key point - the distribution of HP's at the meeting represents
those who
a) were interested in going,
b) did not have a conflict, and
c) had the money.

This is certainly not a good sampling of the overall distribution.  Many
folks have general interest in going, but funds are short in many places,
and Seattle is a long trip for East Coast types.

Now, that is not to say that some might not argue that many people at the
meeting, myself at the head of the list, should be taken out and shot.
Could solve more than our employment problems. . .

Mike Stabin