Re: Re[2]: A Comment re: "Senior" HP Personnel

A different perspective on sending lower level personnel. Not only
are they provided an opprotunity to mingle with their mentors, as
well as their peers, but consider the attendance and experience of
atttending a professional meeting as "TRAINING". I always ensured
that at least one technician was allowed to attend a professional
meeting as well as my supervisory personnel. This enlightenment,  plus
the knowledge that management considered them important enough to
send them to a meeting usually resulted in better productivity and
morale in the workplace. Management needs to assess that when they
cut funding for these kinds of meetings, they are potentially
establishing an environment which has detrimental effects on the
workforce, and those intangible costs more often than not far exceeds
the money they daved by NOT sending individuals to meetings.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Services Division
Phone: (714) 545-0100 Ext. 2306