Subject: Re: Technical Basis Documents
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
Date:    9/16/96 12:04 PM

I am the RSO at UC Berkeley and have over 20 years of experience in rad
safety, licensing, and I hold several degrees.  I think that I can help
your "collegue." However, I am becoming more adverse to people using
RADSAFE as a way of getting free consulting.  Tell him to get a budget and
call me for a consulting contract or stop wasting the time of those of us
who are using RADSAFE as professionals to get and give information on a
quid pro quo basis.

The above are my professional and personal comments and are not those of my
employer; however,I am sure that my employer would not expect me to use my
time to support such an effort.

Paul

>I'm posting this for a colleague who isn't subscribed to Radsafe.
>He has been tasked with documenting the technical basis for
>the methods used to perform radiological surveys (radiation,
>contamination, air, etc.).  From what I can tell, ORNL does rad business
>pretty much the same as the rest of the HP world.  So
>instead of re-inventing the wheel, he would like the benefit
>of Radsafe's collective expertize, and is requesting that those
>who've authored, or have access to various documents that describe
>the technical basis for why HPs do things the way they do, to contact
>him at the address below.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Marvin Hoffman
>Oak Ridge National Laboratory
>Email- HF9@ornl.gov
>phone- (423) 574-7117