Your latest mail on Technical Basis Documents

At 14:36 18.09.1996 -0500, you wrote:
>Perhaps I did not communicate well.
>
>Yours was not a request for a simple few minutes of research and an answer,
>but could have expanded many hours of research.  I know that my employeer
>is paying me to do their work for my 40 hours a week. If you, your
>"colleague", or others want to get free consulting of this magnitude I
>think that Radsafe isn't the place.

Paul,

Your latest mail sounds like an excuse. You have no reason to excuse your
professional qualification, your hard work to become what you are, your
position or what so ever. I share your concern about RADSAFE being more and
more used by persons for receiving "consultations" and "information", which
could be received or clarified by own search easily. This is not only
restricted to students - whom one might like to help more readily than
someone who for instance wants to receive informations which might justify a
PhD thesis (it really occurred!).

What I am even more concerned is the reaction of some persons on any kind of
criticism or pointed comments. You may recall that I have been recently the
target of a lot of similar mails - one of my "crimes" was that I had
answered to a certain person, who accused me among many other things of
being a pseudo intellectual and that I mentioned some qualifications and
scientific experience. From the mails it seemed also that another "crime"
was being a non-US-citizen..... I was shocked about the agressions, the
violence and actually hatred which came through in these mails. I did not
answer these mails and used the delete key.

Being myself a government employee, but using for RADSAFE and all e-mail my
own computer at home I am also concerned that a lot of such mails come
obviously from government computers. But this is another story.

Yes, you were right with your comment.

Best regards, Franz
Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
AUSTRIA

Schoenhofer