From: radsafe
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Trinity Site
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 1996 8:43AM

Saturday, Oct 5th, White Sands Missile Range, in conjunction with
the Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce, will conduct the semiannual
public tour of Trinity Site. The Radiation Protection Division of
the Range takes this opportunity to answer questions and provide
information to the general public regarding radiation. In doing so
we hope to dispel some myths and perhaps help the health physics
community in the quest to change the publics' fear of radiation to
respect for radiation.  We provide a demonstration of various
"radioactive" commodity items from Fiestaware to compasses and
dials, as well as Trinitite.  We encourage folks to use survey
meters to measure the radioactivity while putting the clicks and
scale readings into perspective.  Several teachers have taken
information back with them to use in the classroom and we encourage
students to share what they learn when they return to school.  Lets
see.....the average classroom has 35 plus impressionable minds.....

NOW TO MY REQUEST FROM RADSAFE.........Keeping in mind that Trinity
is located in a remote area sans electricity, does anyone have
suggestions for additional demonstrations or information that can
be provided to enhance our current display?   We try to add
something new or change things around a bit each year.  We
currently distribute a flyer titled "Calculate your own exposure"
taken from a DOE booklet.  I'd appreciate any suggestions or
information I can use to enhance our program.

Lisa Blevins, HPT
email  eblevins@wsmr.army.mil
snail mail:  PO Box 222
             WSMR, NM  88002
Phone:  (505)678-5609

Thanks for all the suggestions I know I will receive from this
great forum.  (all standard disclaimers apply  :-)  )