Re: Technical Basis Documents

Paul,

First of all, let me say hello to a former St. Lucie Plant employee.
As you know, I too am a former FPL employee and have relocated out to
your neck of the woods. Secondly, all I want to add to this
discussion is that I believe any question is fair game for Radsafe.
The basis should be whether or not the information requested is
related to health physics, is pertinent to their line of work or
information need. The response to the question is totally up to the
audience, i.e., we, the health physics community who are also members
of the Radsafe community. If we feel that we can provide some level
of help, then it should be offered. No question should considered to
be "stupid" or beneath us. IF we believe that it is, then we should
inform the individual in private e-mail, not for the purpose of
humiliating the individual, but for the purpose of educating them as
to why the question was inappropriate. If some of us wnat to spend
extensive time to respond to a question, then we will. If we have the
information in the form of documentation, then we will send it if we
so desire. It's an individual's decision. I have consulted on the
side, but I am sure that I have provided more "free" consulting over
the phone, in person and via mail. That is my decision. It's not for
everyone. The bottom line, it's not necessary to be negative when
such help is requested. We all have been in a position of working on
a project when someone's help was necessary. If we are a full-time
consultant, then maybe we would provide a proposal to the individual.
I would surmise that a significant number of us are not full-time
consultants, and therefore, the information should be given freely in
the spirit of helping one of "our" community members.

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Services Division
Phone: (714) 545-0100 Ext. 2306