Re: Bioassay

>Does anyone know of an appropriate resource(s) to help me develop this
>program?  Efficient use of my time is a priority, i.e. the most useful
>resource(s) would be both fairly comprehensive yet not cluttered with
>irrelevant (to my facility) detail.

There are specific documents for specific nuclides (tritium, iodines, etc.).
I don't have the references in front of me - contact me at stabinm@orau.gov
and I'll look into them.  I like NCRP 87 and ICRP 54 for some theoretical
background on bioassay concepts and programs.  Of course, the "doorstop"
document - NUREG/CR-4884 - must be on hand.  ICRP 54 also gives some
quantitative info about retention and excretion of many nuclides, but only
at a few time points (they do give comprehensive graphs, but one cannot
really obtain anything quantitatively from them).  There's also a Reg Guide
out recently that gives some design help, as well as some just excellent
worked out example problems (I forget the number at the moment).

Feel free to contact me for any further help.  Our center (the Radiation
Internal Dose Information Center) is funded to provide support in these
areas (i.e. we don't mind doing free consulting from stuff on RadSafe, we do
it for everyone else!).

Mike Stabin
Radiation Internal Dose
  Information Center