Re: Bioassay

A good start is:

ANSI N343-1978, "American National Standard for Internal Dosimetry for Mixed
Fission and Activation Products" - This is somewhat out of date - ICRP 30
methodology will have to be substituted for the ICRP 2 methodology in this
standard - but it provides a good review of the basic requirements of a
bioassay program.

ICRP 30, "Limits for Intakes of Radionuclides by Workers" - This is the basis
for our current system of regulations.

NCRP 84, "General Concepts for the Dosimetry of Internally Deposited
Radionuclides" - This provides a good explanation/summary of ICRP 30
methodology.

There are also software programs available, such as "Remedy".

Bill Lipton
Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.

I'm in the process of developing a bioassay program.
My rad safety program serves a relatively small number of users.  Normal
operations do not produce exposures exceeding regulatory thresholds
requiring bioassay.
My question:
Does anyone know of an appropriate resource(s) to help me develop this
program?  Efficient use of my time is a priority, i.e. the most useful
resource(s) would be both fairly comprehensive yet not cluttered with
irrelevant (to my facility) detail.