Re: Q: dose from airport x-ray?

Melissa,

Having assessed airport x-ray units (back in the early 1970s) my
conclusion that today's units provide very little actual exposure.
This is because they for the most part utilize image intensification,
only using the x-ray for a minute time and maintains the image for
the operator to look at. Additionally, there is NO noticeable
exposure on films, laptop disks, etc. Unfortunately, I do not have
any current data at my fingertips, but hopefully a state
representative responsible for inspections might have current info.

It was nice meeting you in Chicago this week.

Regards,

Sandy Perle
Director, Technical Operations
ICN Dosimetry Services Division