Re: Pronunciations of SI prefixes: kilo and giga; Unit Plurals

Sorry to question my old (but not elderly!) mentor Wade Patterson, but I
note that the dose equivalent quantities as expressed in rem and Sv are not
necessarily numerically equal to J/kg.  The equality only holds for absorbed
dose.  If one were to express dose equivalent (or equivalent dose if you
prefer that terminology) in units of J/kg, you would be really giving the
absorbed dose.  However, Wade is absolutely on target in a more subtle way:
dose equivalent is not a physical quantity per se.