Ni-63 portable detector -Reply

Radsafers,

	I am interested in purchasing a survey instrument (not a LSC)  for
detecting low-level beta radionuclides.  My particular interest is in Ni-63,
but if I can get one that will see tritium too that would be a bonus.  If any of
you out there have and use such an instrument I would appreciate any
comments you might have on it (pro or con).  Thank you.

					Fritz Strydom
					Health Physicist
					Georgia Tech
					fritz.strydom@nnrc.gatech.edu

Obviously, detecting tritium with a portable instrument is difficult, but I
believe Berthold has an instrument that claims it can do so.  I do not have
an information on hand as to how to contact them.

(Statements represent my opinion only and do not necessarily reflect the
views of my employer.)

Keith Brown
kdb1@nrc.com