Re: Gamma Radiation Levels

At 08:41 AM 10/7/96 -0500, Jack Patterson wrote:
>I am preparing a lecture on external dosimetry and want to include a
>sheet listing the gamma radiation levels for several radioisotopes.  The
>nuclides listed in the old Rad Health Handbook do not include the newer
>radioisotopes used in nuclear medicine.  Is there a more up-to-date list
>available?  Also, if you would like to expand the list, please send me
>your values (privately) and I will post the list at a later date.

See Groenewald, W.A., Wasserman, H.J. Constants for Calculating Ambient and
Directional Dose Equivalents from Radionuclide Point Sources.  Health Phys.
58:655-658; 1990.

This article contains a listing of rate constants for both air kerma and
dose equivalent for a number of radionuclides used in nuclear medicine.  The
method is also described so rate constants for additional radionuclides may
be calculated.

Ralph Kenning
Roswell, Ga
rkenning@atl.mindspring.com