Re: Fear of Radiation

Jim,
It is not at all clear to me that this has anything to do with a numerical
of radiation response.  Do you have any evidence that all radiophobia is
rooted in the linear model?

I am not interested in long, speculative constructions or anecdotes, just
direct, impirical evidence that public fear is caused by a mathematical model.

In the present case, the model of biological response is irrelevent, since
there is no absorbed dose to respond to.

Regards,
Dave Scherer
scherer@uiuc.edu