Re: Gy and Sv = J/kg

Ron Kathren very correctly states:

> Radiation Research Society, Society for Radiological Protection, and IRPA,
> to name but a few?

to which I can only point out that Members of these groups are at least not
directly associated with this poor science as are Members of these
standard-setting bodies. OTOH, Members these groups are inadequate as
"professional societies" for the role that science and engineering societies
play in addressing the science independent of the government policy
esstablishment. (In fairness, some of this is happening there too! but not in
the timeframe that rad science was "developing" - ie, in our youth  :-)