Regulations for Class 3a Laser Pointers

I am looking for any regulations which would prohibit the use of laser
pointing devices at large gatherings (i.e. rock concerts, basketball games).
 I was told by the manager of a large facility that audiences are beginning
to use more of these devices at rock concerts and occasionally at ball games
(to distract free-throw shooter?).  They are usually class 3a lasers. The
policy of the facility is to confiscate the laser and return it at the end
of the event.  They feel the laser pointers are a distraction and a
nuisance, not to mention the safety hazard if misused.

The only potential regulation or standard I have been able to identify is
ANSI Z136.1 section 4.5.1 on Laser Demonstrations Involving the General
Public.  I think it's a stretch to apply this section to the "recreational
use" of the pointers.  Do you know of any other regulations, standards, or
guidelines which could apply to this situation?

Ken Kerns, Radiation Safety Officer
Iowa State University
Environmental Health and Safety
118 Agronomy Laboratory