Microshield

For those Microshield users who may not have heard, Grove Engineering has
issued "Information Notice IN-MS-4.21-02."  Here is an excerpt.

"The purpose of this notice is to notify our users of a MicroShield 4.21 error
discovered during the testing of MicroShield 5.00.  The error is found in the
module for the horizontal rectangular area geometry.  Particularly, a
typographical error in a variable name causes the mean-free path through the
immersion shield region to be higher.  This may tend to underestimate the
calculated results.  Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this problem.
This problem does not exist if there are no user defined shields and if the
air gap is zero.

"The error has been corrected in Microshield 5.00 which is the Window version
of the program..."

I guess that the old saying, "Trust, but verify.", applies to computer
programs as well as to diplomacy.

Bill Lipton
Here's to a risk free world and other fantasies.