Re: The Radon Cure!

DANIEL.WESTALL@HHLGCS.ausgovhhcs.telememo.au wrote:

> To add to the international flavour of this thread....
>
> When visiting the Korean Institute for Nuclear Safety earlier this year, I
> stayed at the Hotel Riviera in Yusong, an area famous for its hot springs.
> The following is an extract from the brochure for the hotel:
>
> 'SPA CLUB  Naturally, we're prepared to pamper you completely with soothing
> baths of our famous and proud radium - radioactive spa.  Good for health and
> skin care.'
>
> My regulator's prudence kept me from enjoying the benefits of the spa.
>
> Daniel Westall
> Nuclear Safety Bureau
> Miranda, NSW, AUSTRALIA
> daniel.westall@hhlgcs.ausgovhhcs.telememo.au

My dictionary defines "prudence" as: 1 ability to govern and discipline
oneself by the use of reason and 4. caution or circumspection as to
danger or risk (definitions 2&3 don't appear to apply here).  If Daniel
is using "prudence" in the first sense, there must be some reason for
him not to partake of the benefits of the spa.  I wonder if he would be
willing to share with us what that reason is.

If Daniel is using "prudence" in the second sense, I wonder what danger
or risk he perceives in partaking of the benefits of the spa.  Should
not that danger or risk be communicated to those who do partake so that
they can make an informed judgement whether or not to partake?