Re: Linear Hypothesis IS the Cause of Public Fear of Radiation

> >The LNTH IS the cause of the public fear, or, rather, the corruption
> >of the LNTH idea is the cause.  The LNTH says: "there MAY BE some
> harmful effect of low doses.".....

It can't be that simple.  In my experience, most people who are afraid of low-
level ionizing radiation are equally afraid of low-level non-ionizing
radiations and fields (particularly RF/MW and power-frequency).  For RF no one
has ever seriously suggested that the LNTH applies; in fact, the scientific
consensus is that there is are experimentally verifiable thresholds for RF
hazards. Thus the LNTH cannot possibly the the source of public fear of RF,
and hence of radiation in general.

Any explanation of "fear of radiation" must look beyond ionizing radiation.

John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)
Radiation Biology Group
Medical College of Wisconsin