Re: Available Radiation Sources

Radsafers:

I don't know if FEMA is giving those calibrators away, but I have a
AN/UDM-1A Free Air Collimated Calibrator - manufactured by NEMS-Clark that
I'm willing to part with for NOTHING!  It's in darn good condition, but
keep in mind that these things weigh about 700 lbs.  Complete with track,
scope, and stands.  Serial# 100 - Decay date = 10/1/64 - Present Activity =
57.973 Ci.

Hey, but if you want to give me 25K for it. . .

Regards,

-Erick Lindstrom

>         Closure of FEMA's National Instrumentation Center
>
>FEMA is closing its radiological instrumentation test and evaluation
laboratory
>located at the Mount Weather Emergency Assistance Center near Berryville,
>Virginia.  As a result, some instrument calibration equipment will become
>available.  These include:
>
>       1 each AN/UDM-1A Free Air Collimated Calibrator, manufactured by
>NEMS-Clark; Approximately 50 curies of Cesium-137; Value - $25,000

 Erick Lindstrom
 Radiation Safety Officer
 309 Montana Hall
 Montana State University