Re: ALARA Cost/Benefit

Bates:

See NUREG -1530, "Reassessment of NRC's Dollar per Person-Rem Conversion
Factor Policy."  In it the NRC has decided to adopt a $2000 per person-rem
conversion factor subject to present worth considerations, and limit its
scope soley to health effects.  This in contrast to its earlier policy of an
undiscounted $1000 per person-rem conversion factor that served as a
surrogate for all offsite consequences.