ALARA Cost/Benefit -Reply -Reply

Gee, I must be getting old ... I remember the first time I saw
"pervert" as an abbreviation for person-sievert ... I think it was
in a Geoff Eichholz essay on the back page of Nuclear News
... many, many moons ago. Ah, what pleasant memories ...

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675  fax: (404) 362-2653
Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us
hardeman@mindspring.com

>>> <DHARRISON@doe.lanl.gov> 10/16/96 13:59 >>>

I've seen $1000 per person-rem ($10 per pervert), I've seen
$10,000 per person-rem.  I've also seen in excess of $1 M per
life saved from a remediatiion project...Take yer pick.  I
believe the $1K is at Rocky Flats and the $10K is at Los
Alamos.