Re: ALARA Cost/Benefit -Reply

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, DAVID HARRISON wrote:

> I've seen $1000 per person-rem ($10 per pervert), I've seen $10,000 per
> person-rem.  I've also seen in excess of $1 M per life saved from a
> remediatiion project...Take yer pick.  I believe the $1K is at Rocky Flats
> and the $10K is at Los Alamos.
>
> DHARRISON@DOE.LANL.GOV

According to "1995 Remote Technology Report", Nuclear Engineering
International, Reed Business Publishing, which was provided to me by the
BNL ALARA Center, the average value used by US Nuclear power plants is
$11,406.  This information is located on page two in the lower-right
corner.

Rocky Flats adopted a value of $10,000 in May of 1995.

 | Gary Masters    gmasters@csn.net    http://www.csn.net/~gmasters |
 |        Visit my homepage for further contact information.        |