Re: ALARA Cost/Benefit

I have more typically seen ~$10,000 per person-rem as an average dollar
value for use in cost benefit evaluations in the commercial nuclear power
world.  As I understand it, this goes beyond the cost associated with health
effects and goes into the additional costs associated with replacement
person-power needed to keep individual doses to a reasonable (ALARA) level.

Howard Conrad (howcon@ds2.ncweb.com)