Re: KI Inquiry

Good evening all,

Let me get this straight. A very small percentage, say 0.00001 per cent, of
people receiving a thyroid blocking dose of KI will have life threatening
effects. In other words it could kill them.

We should take this risk, 1 in 1,000,000, of death, to prevent a potential
dose of 25 rem to the thyroid. If all of the various weighting factors are
right that is a TEDE of less than one rem.

What is the risk of death from one rem again?

Is there something wrong here?

Regis A. Greenwood, C H P
ragreen1@nwohio.com
             OR
ragreen1@aol.com

Opinions expressed, if any were expressed, are solely my own. They are
certainly not my employers. My employers seldom approve of me, let alone my
opinions.