Re: Linear Hypothesis IS the Cause of P -Reply

Sandy Perle wrote:
 That doesn't mean that it
> is a false policy, but it will not change. Unfortunate as that may
> be.

Sandy, thank you for providing an opportunity for comment.  I am not Don
Quixote, nor do I think the ICRP and NCRP are windmills.  But if all of
us had the intention of not changing anything all the time, as may be
the case when one reads some of the current postings on RADSAFE, this
world would be the poorer for it.  Change is necessary.  Change is good
(most of the time).  Christ died for change, as have many others.  John
Kennedy, when he said that the USA would put a man on the moon before
the end of the decade, had no idea of the details of how that would be
done.  Many of his advisors and others said, at the time, that it
couldn't be done.  If they had prevailed, we probably still would not
have gone to the moon.

Lets not be doom-sayers.  We can effect change if we all pull together.
Lets do it and see whether our hypothesis was right or wrong.

If we don't do it,
we'll never know.
All we'll have
is the status quo.

Now, can we all work together to get rid of the LNTH?

Live long and prosper.  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov